The right solution for every application
The Schmersal group is launching new installation aids for securing complexing machine systems which allow quick and simple wiring of safety switchgear in series: the Schmersal safety installation systems. The series connection significantly reduces the wiring involved. A particular benefit of this installation system is that different electronic safety switchgear systems, such as sensors and interlocks, can be mixed and connected in the relevant application. With larger systems, different machine areas often need to be secured using different safety switches. At the same time, the new system offers cost-optimised options for applications exclusively using electronic safety switchgear.
The safety installation systems also allow individual diagnosis of the safety switchgear connected. This means the operator can clearly identify which switch in the series has triggered a signal. Therefore, any errors can be fixed quickly and machine downtime can be avoid. The safety installation systems from Schmersal thus increase machine availability.
Aside from standard I/O devices, an option also exists to connect safety sensors and interlocks with serial diagnosis. Comprehensive diagnostic data can be transferred to a control system via the SD gateway by means of series diagnostics.
Passive field box PFB: For versatile industrial use
The passive field box PFB is a plug & play solution for multiple areas of applications.
- Voltage supply via new M12 power connector
- Robust IP67 version for installation in the field
- Compact field box with dimensions 63 mm x 156 mm
Passive distribution module PDM: For hygiene-sensitive applications
The passive distribution module PDM is small and compact, can be mounted easily in existing terminal boxes and is especially suitable for higher demands in hygiene with food and packaging machines.
- Can be configured easily via DIP switches
- Spring-type terminals for simple and low-cost installation
- Compact design with a width of only 45 mm on the profile rail
Active input expander module SRB-E-PE: For all common safety switchgear
The active input expander modules SRB-E-PE are used for safe series connection of electromechanical switches and sensors to contact outputs or electronic OSSD outputs. The safety relay module SRB-E-PE can be configured multifunctionally for up to nine different applications.
- Function settings can be configured easily via rotary knob switches
- Removable screw-type or spring-type terminals
- Compact module with a width of just 22.5 mm on the profile rail
- Suitable for applications up to Cat. 4 / PL e / SIL 3